[Important email sent 3/19/2020]
USSD Family –
If you haven’t received the text messages that went out Tuesday, ALL GROUP classes are cancelled until March 31st. The current order in Orange County put out by the Orange County Health Officer, encourages continued business operations, but stresses practicing the 6-foot social distancing and extra cleaning/sanitizing of areas, which we will continue to practice and take very seriously. See order here.
We are continuing to offer in-studio private lessons. Because we’ve cancelled groups, we’re going to double your private lessons to twice a week (two 30-minutes or one hour) at no extra charge. We want to make sure you receive the value of your membership with this new initiative. In the near future, we may be adding some fun things like offsite or online challenges, mini tournaments, park days, etc. – yet to be determined.
In the meantime, please take advantage of the extra privates we’re providing and schedule them as soon as you can. We’ve been working hard to get everything set up so you can schedule your in-studio semi-private lessons and also offsite virtual semi-private lessons, if you prefer.
With our new tools in place, you can automatically schedule your lessons using our new scheduling app on the website. Also, if you’ve requested virtual semi-private lessons, we’ve started an account with Zoom for seamless video conferencing – we’ve run tests and it looks great.
We love our dojo family and looking forward to continued training together!!
Sincerely, Sensei Ted and Family
Below are the steps for scheduling and the virtual lessons starting next week – please schedule now:
SCHEDULING YOUR IN-STUDIO AND VIRTUAL LESSON:
- Go to ussdhb.com and click on Student Scheduler
- Scroll and select your Group/Belt Rank (Tiny Tigers, Jr. Dragons, Teens, Adults) and click
- Here you’ll see the available dates highlighted on the calendar. Click on one
- Click on the time and confirm
- You’ll receive a confirmation and reminder texts/emails about the lesson
- You’re all set!
Please note that some of your preferred times may not be available. We grouped like students together. If you have a special request, please don’t hesitate to contact me. We want to make this work as much as possible for everyone.
VIRTUAL SEMI-PRIVATE LESSONS:
- Make sure you’ve reserved your spot in the above Calendar. Follow steps above
- You can use a laptop, tablet or a smartphone
- Laptop: Go to zoom.us. Click on JOIN A MEETING and enter ID provided. You may need to download & install the program. No need to start an account.
- Tablet or smartphone: Go to www.zoom.us and click JOIN, and then download the Zoom app